iOS 11.2 has now officially been released after a month of beta testing. For all eligible iPhone, iPad and iPad touch users – it can be downloaded now.
The most notable new feature is the release of Apple Pay Cash, the company’s peer-to-peer payment system. Payments can be received and sent via iMessage.
This feature won’t be available to all users at first, but will be rolled out to subsequent days and weeks.
iOS 11.2 also fixes a bug that was discovered on Saturday morning that caused some iPhones to endlessly crash if a third party app used reoccurring notifications such as reminders.
Apple deemed the bug serious enough to roll out iOS 11.2 ahead of schedule.
The release of iOS 11.2 followed the discovery of a major security flaw in the macOS High Sierra, which enabled anyone to access a MacBook or iMac without the need of password.
Apple released a security patch, but for some users that also failed to fix the issue, with the whole episode the culmination of what had been a week to forget for the Cupertino firm.
So, how do you install the new iOS11.2?
Go to Settings > General > Software Update and then you will have it!
Changes made in iOS11.2
1. Support has now been added for faster wireless charging for iPhones after the iPhone 8.
2. The introduction of Live wallpapers.
3. Some improvements to the video stabilisation.
4. Support for Podcasts is now available.
5. For downhill snow sports, this has now been added to HealthKit.
6. Fixes to Mail notifications.
7. Settings no longer potentially opens to a blank screen.
8. Music controls are no longer displayed on Lock Screen.
9. Prevents users from accidentally deleting photos when iCloud Storage is exceeded.
10. Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone didn’t display a map.
11. The keyboard no longer responds slowly.
12. Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing.
13. Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store, and Music.
14. Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications.