Disney has just released an official Disneyland app for Android, and as you’d expect it’s intended to be a kind of companion app while you’re at the park, allowing visitors to buy tickets in advance and view detailed maps of the park.
There’s no word yet however whether it includes content for all of Disney’s parks around the world (the nearest theme park for Thai readers is Disneyland Hong Kong).
Disney comes to Android
The app isn’t dissimilar than the My Disney Experience app, which already serves as a companion to your Disney World (not Disney Land) visit. Some of the useful features include ticket purchasing and maps, but you can also check the wait times at rides, view calendars, and also find characters that you’d like to see. There’s also the requisite details such as park hours, and descriptions of the attractions.
It’s quite a timely release for the app, as I will be in Hong Kong at the start of September with the family and they want to visit the Disney park there.
The app is now available for free on the Google Play Store here.
Here is the full list of features.
- Check Wait Times: See attraction wait times for Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park at a glance.
- Skip the Ticket Lines: Buy park tickets with the app and show your barcode at the gate for admission when you first get to the park! No ticket booth lines to stand in or e-tickets to print out.
- Exploring Made Easy: Find what you’re looking for quickly with GPS-enabled maps that show your location and the attractions, restaurants, shops and more near you.
- A Must-Have for Passholders: Link your passes to view blockout calendars and expiration dates. Show your digital pass barcode at the gate for admission when you arrive!
- Locate Favorite Characters: Get those autograph books ready! You’ll magically know when and where Disney Characters are appearing in the parks.
- The Details You Need: See park hours, schedules, accessibility information and descriptions for attractions, dining, entertainment and more.