By Paisal Chuenprasaeng
Epson’s fit-anywhere Wi-Fi printer will meet all of your needs much more cheaply
Epson’s L4150 Wi-Fi all-in-one ink-tank printer can help you save a lot on printing cost. The design is compact and sleek and the Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct connectivity makes it easy to set up.
The L4150 is a small 375x347x187mm, so it’ll fit nicely on any handy surface, and the Wi-Fi linkage means it doesn’t have to be near your desktop computer.
I had the thing up and running in a snap. You just press the Wi-Fi Connect button on the front and then the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button on your home WiFi router. Bingo – the connection is made.
Now you have to install the printer driver on a notebook or desktop computer that’s connected to the router. The computer will find the L4150 and you’re all ready for scanning and printing.
Epson rates the 4×6-inch photo printing at standard resolution at 92 seconds for borderless printing. In my test, using photo-grade paper, it took about two minutes and 45 seconds to print out a borderless 4×6-inch photo at the top resolution setting.
A4 printing at draft resolution in black and white is rated at about 33 pages per minute. I did one at top resolution in about six seconds.
It’s really convenient printing photos directly from an Android phone using Google Cloud Print once you install Epson’s Control app. Or, you can install Epson’s iPrint app to print and scan directly from an iOS device or Android phone or tablet.
My printed sheets had sharp, legible text and my photos came out beautifully coloured, if not quite as bright as what you get from a professional photo shop.
The L4150 can scan documents at a resolution of 1200x2400dpi. The maximum area you can scan is 216x297mm at 48-bit depth. The machine can scan a monochrome page in about 11 seconds at a resolution of 200dpi and in 28 seconds in colour at 200dpi.
And there’s a button for using the flatbed scanner to copy documents without the need for a computer.
Epson’s L4150 Wi-Fi ink-tank printer retails for Bt7,890.
Epsom L4150 Key Specs
– Functions: Print, scan, copy
– Print method: On-demand ink jet (piezoelectric)
– Configuration: 180 nozzles black, 59 nozzles per colour (cyan, magenta, yellow)
– Maximum resolution: 5,760×1,440dpi with Variable-Sized Droplet Technology
– Copy speed: SO 29183, A4, Simplex, up to 7.7ipm black, 3.8ipm colour
– Maximum copy resolution: 360x360dpi
– Reduction/enlargement: 25400 per cent, Auto Fit Function
– Maximum copy size: A4, letter
– Scanner type: Flatbed colour image
– Sensor type: CIS
– Optical resolution: 1,200×2,400dpi
– Maximum Scan Area: 216x297mm
– Scanner bit depth (colour): 48-bit input, 24-bit output
– Number of paper trays: One
– Paper hold capacity: Input 100 sheets A4 Plain (80 g/m2), 20 sheets Premium Glossy Photo Paper, 30 sheets A4 Plain Paper, 20 sheets Premium Glossy Photo Paper
– Interface: USB 2.0, Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
– Network Protocol: TCP/IPv4, TCP/IPv6
– Dimensions: 3,75x347x187mm
– Weight: Five kilograms