Google is far more than simply a search engine these days, it has literally hundreds of products and services that you can use and most of us find these really useful.
However, for whatever reason you may decide that you want to delete your Google or Gmail account and you can do so by following these steps:
Delete a product
- 1. Go to the Google login page on your web browser
- 2. Sign in to the account that you want to delete by accessing it in the usual manner
- 3. Now select ‘Edit’ option which is located next to the ‘My products’ section
- 4. Select the product or products that you wish to delete under the Delete a Product section and then select ‘Remove permanently’ – job complete!
Delete your entire google account
- 1. Login to Google in the same manner as above
- 2. Again go to the ‘edit’ link and select it
- 3. Now go to Delete Account , click ‘Close account and delete all services and info associated with it’
- 4. Click ‘Close Account’
- 5. You will now be asked again for your password and to check two boxes accepting your choice and the consequences
- 6. Now select ‘Delete Google Account’ – everything is now complete!
It is important to understand that once you have done this everything is gone forever and there is no way of retrieving anything so make sure anything that you do need is saved beforehand.
You can download all the data from the ‘Download My Data’ tab and this will create a large .zip file meaning that you will at least have a backup of everything.