It is fair to say that Facebook plays a large part in many of our lives and it may well be for this reason why you may consider deleting your account on the the social media site permanently.
If you are one of the people who want to know how to delete your Facebook account, whatever the reason, then you can follow these steps to permanently remove yourself from the platforum, although be warned, Facebook doesn’t make it easy!
- Go to the ‘Settings’ option (located under the small arrow, next to the padlock in the top right hand corner of your screen)
- Click on the ‘Security’ tab
- Select “Deactivate your account”
- You will then be taken to a page where Facebook gives you a list of reasons why you should reconsider. Assuming that your mind is made up, click on the “Deactivate” button at the bottom of the page
- You have now switched off you account NOT deactivated it – there are still 2 more steps to go
- It is advisable to download a copy of all your information. This is again done from the ‘Settings’ menu and selecting ‘Download a copy of your data’
- Click on this link: https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account and finally click ‘Delete my account’ and everything is now complete
You are now free from Facebook or free from this account at least, leaving you in a position to open a new account in the future when you decide that your life simply isn’t complete without a Facebook account!