Facebook has rolled out a major update to its mobile app and desktop version.
The social media giant is tweaking the design of a number of the Facebook’s most used features.
Most notably, the update sees major changes to how users navigate the News Feed on the mobile app and from desktop.
The comments section is also being drastically overhauled with chat bubbles being introduced that will bring a new interface for replies.
Facebook says the changes to the comments section will make it easier which to determine which comments are originals and which are replies.
“We’ve updated our comment style and made it easier to see which comments are direct replies to another person”, Facebook said.
Facebook is also updating the colour contrast to help make the site easier to read, profile photos in the comments section are becoming circular and Like and Share buttons more visible.
Facebook said: We’re making updates to refresh the look and feel of News Feed, including:
– Increased color contrast so that typography is more legible
– Larger link previews so everything is easier to read
– Updated icons and Like, Comment, and Share buttons that are larger and easier to tap
– Circular profile pictures to show who’s posting or commenting
Facebook also says it is updating the News Feed so it is easier to navigate:
– See where a link will take you before clicking on it
– See whose post you’re commenting on, reacting to, or reading while you’re in the post
– Return to News Feed once you’ve finished reading via a more prominent back button
Jonathan is our Google Nexus and Android enthusiast. He is also fanatical about football which makes it all the more strange that he should support Stockport County. In addition to writing about tech, Jonathan has a passion for fitness and nutrition and has previously written for one the UK’s leading watch and horology websites.